UBC Okanagan recognizes teaching excellence and innovation through a number of prestigious awards. Recipients are exemplary role models who have a significant impact on the culture of teaching and learning at UBC’s Okanagan campus. Awards are also available for undergraduate and graduate student teaching assistants and tutors in recognition of their exceptional contributions to academic life.
Internal Teaching Awards
- Teaching Excellence and Innovation Award
- Killam Teaching Prize
- Excellence for Teaching Assistants and Tutors
- 3M National Teaching Fellowship
Faculty Teaching Awards
External Teaching Awards
The following list includes some major external teaching awards. This list is not inclusive of all major external awards available.
- Association of Professional Engineering and Geoscientists of BC, President’s Award for Teaching Excellence in Engineering and Geoscience Education
- Canadian Federation of Earth Sciences Mentorship Medal
- Canadian Mathematical Society Excellence in Teaching Award
- Canadian Psychological Association, the Award for Distinguished Contributions to Education and Training in Psychology in Canada
- D2L Innovation Award in Teaching and Learning
- Online Learning Consortium, Awards for Excellence in Online Teaching, Research & Leadership