UBC Okanagan recognizes teaching excellence and innovation through a number of prestigious awards. Recipients are exemplary role models who have a significant impact on the culture of teaching and learning at UBC’s Okanagan campus. Awards are also available for undergraduate and graduate student teaching assistants and tutors in recognition of their exceptional contributions to academic life.
Nominations Now Open
OER Excellence and Impact Awards
Award eligibility: One individual and one team-based award of $5,000 each year per campus. Nominees must be a faculty member of the UBC community
Who can nominate: Any member of the UBC community can nominate an individual or group for the award and self-nominations are welcome.
Deadline: Nominations due by 3pm on November 30, 2023
Faculty Teaching Awards
External Teaching Awards
Below is a list of several major external teaching awards available to UBC Okanagan faculty. This list is not inclusive of all major external awards available.
Awards submitted with support from the Office of the Provost:
Additional external awards:
- Association BC Deans of Education, Teacher Educator and Education Advocate Awards
- Association of Nurses and Nurse Practitioners of BC Excellence in Nursing Education Award
- Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing | Nursing Education Excellence Award
- Canadian Federation of Earth Sciences Mentorship Medal
- Canadian Mathematical Society Excellence in Teaching Award
- Canadian Psychological Association, the Award for Distinguished Contributions to Education and Training in Psychology in Canada
- Canadian Anthropology Society (CASCA) Awards for Teaching Excellence
- Computer Science Canada/Informatique Canada Excellence in Teaching Award
- D2L Innovation Award in Teaching and Learning
- Online Learning Consortium, Awards for Excellence in Online Teaching, Research & Leadership
- U21 Health Sciences Teaching Excellence Award