The Ministry of Post-Secondary Education and Future Skills is currently accepting applications to fund micro-credential proposals under two micro-credential initiatives: the Stackable Micro-Credentials Initiative and the Micro-Credential Shared Curriculum Initiative. Further details about these initiatives can be found in the Micro-credential Initiatives Applicant Guide.
UBC Okanagan application process
UBC Okanagan faculty interested in submitting an application must adhere to the following process:
- Submit Letter of Intent (LOI): LOIs must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2023.
- Faculty review: LOIs will be reviewed by Faculty leadership. Results of the applications must be confirmed to the Provost’s Office by November 22, 2023.
- Application development and review: Applicants should complete the application provided in the Applicant Guide for the initiative that they are applying to. Completed applications should be submitted to the applicant’s Dean/Designate for review and approval.
- Final review and submission: Approved applications must be submitted to the Provost’s Office via email to email@example.com by 3 pm on January 10, 2024.
Connect with the Continuing and Professional Education team for assistance with this process, including support for market research.
- Micro-credential Initiatives Applicant Guide
- Micro-credential Framework for B.C.’s Public Post-Secondary Education System
- Micro-credential Toolkit for B.C.