DID YOU MISS THE TOWN HALL? WATCH THE RECORDING BELOW!
Are you wondering what online classes will be like and how you will participate? What about exams, quizzes and labs? Are you looking to find out what academic supports will be available?
At UBC Okanagan the student experience is at the heart of everything we do and we are working relentlessly to deliver the high-quality UBC education you expect, wherever you may be.
We understand that you have questions and we welcome you to join us for the second UBC Okanagan Student Town Hall on September 2nd to get a better sense of what learning online will look like and get more information.
A panel of UBC students and faculty members will each speak towards a different facet of the online learning experience before the floor is opened to your questions. Please note that while we will do our best to answer all questions the focus of this webinar will be the student learning experience.
In July the Provost hosted the first UBC Okanagan Student Town Hall for students to gain a better idea of what online learning will look like and have their questions answered live. You can watch a recording of the first Town Hall here.
Topics & Speakers
What will assessment look like in an online environment?
- Nina Langton, Associate Professor, Faculty of Critical and Creative Studies
- Deanna Gibson, Associate Professor, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
What will class participation be like in an online environment?
- Ray Taheri, Associate Professor, School of Engineering
What will labs be like in an online environment?
- Tamara Freeman, Associate Professor, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
What online learning supports are available for students?
- Harshita Chopra, Senior Online Learning Coach in the Student Learning Hub & 3rd year Philosophy, Political Science and Economics student
- Eloise Espel, Peer Mentor & 4th year Computer Science student
- Sajni Lacey, Learning and Curriculum Support Librarian
What structural supports are in place for online learning?
- Bryce Traister, Dean, Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies & Dean pro tem, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Scott Reid, Associate Dean, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
Ananya Mukherjee Reed – Provost and Vice President Academic
Heather Berringer – Associate Provost, Learning Services