Are you an upcoming arts graduate and ready to jumpstart your career?
The UBC Okanagan Arts Career Apprenticeship Program (UBCO ACAP) connects upcoming Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Bachelor of Media Studies (BMS) graduates with Okanagan-based employers for one-year early-career employment opportunities.
Participating students will receive training and support from UBC Okanagan’s Career Services to help develop career and employment readiness and participate in a competitive application and hiring process. Successful applicants will receive a one-year career opportunity with an Okanagan-based employer.
- Participate in a competitive application and interview process.
- Receive a one-year, paid, early-career apprenticeship in the Central Okanagan region.
- Receive mentorship and valuable networking opportunities.
- Develop skills and career and employment readiness, through training, support and workshops.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to and work with an Okanagan-based employer.
Student Requirements & Eligibility
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Bachelor of Media Studies (BMS) students with the required credits to graduate in spring 2021 from the Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences and the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- legally eligible for full-time employment in Canada as of January 1, 2021
Student Dates & Deadlines
|January 15, 2021||Student applications open online|
|February 15, 2021||Deadline to submit applications for acceptance to program|
|February 24-March 10, 2021||Students apply for job opportunities|
|March 11-30, 2021||Interviews occur|
|April 9, 2021||Deadline for employers to make final decision and inform students|
|June 1, 2021||Student positions must start by this date|
Application & Contact
2021 UBCO ACAP applications open January 15 on the UBC job board!
Log in to the Student & Alumni Job Board. Navigate to the left-hand side of the screen to find the “Experiential Learning” tab. You will be routed to the ACAP application form. Follow the prompts to complete your application by February 15, 2021.
Once you have submitted your application, a Career Educator will connect with you to review your resume before applying for ACAP positions.
Log in to the Student & Alumni Job Board. On the left-hand menu click “Jobs,” then “Search.” Filter your job search under “Position Type” and select “Arts Career Apprenticeship Program.” Browse the available positions and apply to those that interest you. The deadline for applications is March 10, 2021.