Are you an upcoming arts graduate and ready to jumpstart your career?
The UBC Okanagan Arts Career Apprenticeship Program (UBCO ACAP) connects upcoming Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Bachelor of Media Studies (BMS) graduates with Okanagan-based employers for one-year early-career employment opportunities.
Participating students will receive training and support from UBC Okanagan’s Career Services to help develop career and employment readiness and participate in a competitive application and hiring process. Successful applicants will receive a one-year career opportunity with an Okanagan-based employer.
- Participate in a competitive application and interview process.
- Receive a one-year, paid, early-career apprenticeship in the Central Okanagan region.
- Receive mentorship and valuable networking opportunities.
- Develop skills and career and employment readiness, through training, support and workshops.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to and work with an Okanagan-based employer.
Student Requirements & Eligibility
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Bachelor of Media Studies (BMS) students with the required credits to graduate in spring 2021 from the Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences and the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- legally eligible for full-time employment in Canada as of January 1, 2021
“When I signed up for the ACAP it was on a whim, but it was one of the best decisions of my academic career. I did not anticipate being able to jump into a career relevant to my degree immediately after finishing school, but the ACAP program gave me the support and skills to be confident and competitive in the job market.”
– Denae Weighill, 4th year student, BA Geography
“The skills and interests Denae has developed throughout her degree are something we can support and nurture at icInfrastructure. We hope to provide mutually valuable experience—helping her gain confidence and knowledge in the infrastructure industry, while helping us add value to the communities we work with. The nature of our business allows us to give students a wide variety of roles, projects, and experience.”
– Iain Cranston, Director, icInfrastructure
Student Dates & Deadlines
|May 7, 2021||Deadline to submit application for acceptance to program|
|May 10 -14 2021||Students apply for job opportunities|
|May 17-21, 2021||Interviews occur|
|May 28, 2021||Deadline for employers to make final decision and inform students|
|June 1, 2021||Student positions must start by this date|
Application & Contact
2021 UBCO ACAP applications open now on the UBC job board!
Log in to the UBC job board. Navigate to the left-hand side of the screen to find the “Experiential Learning” tab. You will be routed to the ACAP application form. Follow the prompts to complete your application by May 7, 2021.
Once you have submitted your application, a Career Educator will connect with you to review your resume before applying for ACAP positions.
Log in to the Student & Alumni Job Board. On the left-hand menu click “Jobs,” then “Search.” Filter your job search under “Position Type” and select “Arts Career Apprenticeship Program.” Browse the available positions and apply to those that interest you. The deadline for applications is May 14, 2021.